Doctible Inc Terms and Conditions of Use: Patient Communicator Module
By accepting the terms and conditions for the “Patient Communicator” module (also termed “Service”), you agree to the following:
- Doctible will make the product available to you and it is your responsibility to use it during the 7 day free period.
- We own all proprietary rights in the Service, including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. You will respect our proprietary rights in the Service, and you may only use our brand assets according to our Brand Guidelines. You represent and warrant that you either own or have permission to use all of the material, content, data, and information (including your personal information and the personal information of others) you submit to Doctible in the course of using the Service or which SendGrid retrieves or accesses at your direction or with your permission (“Content”). You retain ownership of the Content that you upload to the Service.
- We may view, copy, and internally distribute Content from your Patient Communicator and account that help us spot problem accounts and improve the Service. We use these to find Members who violate these Terms or laws.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you promise to follow these rules:
- You won’t send spam!
- You’ll comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, which forms part of these Terms.
- You will be fully compliant to all rules as laid out under TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act)
- You will not send more than 100 texts a day or more than 2000 texts in a month. If your account is found to send large volume of texts, we reserve the right to disable Patient Communicator
- Doctible doesn’t allow accounts that promote or incite harm toward others or that promote discriminatory, hateful, or harassing Content. To this end, we may suspend or terminate your account if you send an SMS or otherwise distribute any Content that we determine, in our sole discretion, contains either of the following:
- A Threat of Physical Harm. This means any statement, advertisement, or other Content that in our sole judgment could be reasonably perceived to threaten, advocate, or incite physical harm to or violence against others.
- Hateful Content. This means any statement, image, photograph, advertisement, or other Content that in our sole judgment could be reasonably perceived to harm, threaten, promote the harassment of, promote the intimidation of, promote the abuse of, or promote discrimination against others based solely on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, disease, or immigration status.
- If you violate any of these rules, then we may suspend or terminate your account.
- You represent and warrant that your use of the Service will comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You’re responsible for determining whether the Service is suitable for you to use in light of your obligations under any regulations like HIPAA, data privacy laws, United States export control laws and regulations and economic sanctions laws and regulations (“U.S. Export Control Laws and Regulations”), or other applicable laws. Since you are subject to HIPAA regulations, we won’t be liable if the Service doesn’t meet those requirements. You may not use the Service for any unlawful or discriminatory activities, including acts prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, or any other applicable laws.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that (i) you assume full responsibility for any loss that results from your use of the Service, (ii) we and our Team won’t be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages under any circumstances, even if they’re based on negligence or we’ve been advised of the possibility of those damages; and (iii) in any calendar month, our total liability to you arising under or in connection with the Agreement—whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise—will be no more than what you paid us for the Service the preceding month.
For the avoidance of doubt, in no instance will we or our Team be liable for any losses or damages you suffer if you use the Service in violation of these Terms, regardless of whether we terminate or suspend your account due to such violation.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide the Service as-is. This means that, except as expressly stated in these Terms, we don’t provide warranties, conditions, or undertakings of any kind in relation to the Service, either express or implied. This includes, but isn’t limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, which are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Agreement. Since Members use the Service for a variety of reasons, we can’t guarantee that it’ll meet your specific needs.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and our Team harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses that directly or indirectly result from any claims you make that aren’t allowed under these Terms due to a “Limitation of Liability” or other provision. (Indemnity is an agreement to compensate someone for a loss.) You also agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses, that directly or indirectly result from (i) your Content, (ii) your use of the Service, (iii) your violation of any laws or regulations, (iv) third-party claims that you or someone using your password did something that, if true, would violate any of these Terms, (v) any misrepresentations made by you, or (vi) a breach of any representations or warranties you’ve made to us.