As a licensed San Diego Therapist, my mission is to help families solidify their relationships by challenging old beliefs, learning positive communication skills, and supporting changes they want to make. At the same time individuals improve their emotional well being, feel empowered by new awarenesses and change behaviors that have previously prevented their sense of well-being.
Types of Counseling: Individual Adult Psychotherapy, Marriage Counseling, and Couples Therapy.
Areas of Specialty:
- Assisting couples who's relationship is in trouble (for any of the many reasons this happens)
- Assessment, intervention, and treatment for addicts, alcoholics and codependents
- Sometimes life just gets overwhelming - sort out how things got that way with a trusted therapist
- Mood disorders like depression and anxiety can effect every aspect of your family life
- Family concerns - Aches, pains and love all at once! Making sense of family life is so important
- Referrals - Many families use me like a mental health family doctor. If I can't help, I know who can.
My approach is characterized by empathy, compassion, optimism and a collaborative spirit. I work with people’s strengths rather than emphasizing their weaknesses. I pride myself on being down to earth. I’d rather kid with people than judge them and, though I enjoy talking, I find listening and exploring to be incredibly powerful.
As a relationship expert, I have been honored to offer my counseling and therapy services to North San Diego County families for over twenty-five years. My belief is that our lives revolve around healthy relationships. I empower people to learn the tools that build strong connections - great communication, effective boundaries, healthy attachments and emotional authenticity.
My main office is located at 141 N. Acacia in Solana Beach in a beautiful Mediterranean-style building one block from the ocean. Our offices were built specifically for doing psychotherapy and marriage counseling, they are safe and warm. Double french doors open to a completely private fenced backyard. The convenient waiting room and off-street parking create a sense of well-being from the time you arrive. For your convenience, office hours are available in the evenings, afternoons, and mornings.
Regardless of where you are located in North County, Solana Beach is minutes away. Encinitas, Del Mar, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe and La Jolla are all just a few minutes drive – Take the step and contact me.
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology, University of Humanistic Studies
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University
- B.A. in Psychology, University of California, San Diego
- Clinical Member - California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Fellow - American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Awards & Publications
- Consultant for Nationally Acclaimed Video “Intervention: Help is at Hand” for Project Drug Free
All PPOs (Out-of-Network) accepted