Dr. Silva is a clinical psychologist with board-certification in the specialty of neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP-CN). She works mainly with adults who have acquired neurological injuries or other medical conditions. Her specialties are with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and cerebrovascular events (CVA, stroke). She primarily conducts neuropsychological evaluations that are used to provide treatment recommendations as well as education about cognitive and behavioral changes to patients and their loved ones.
Dr. Silva also provides therapy to adults experiencing depression, anxiety, adjustment difficulties, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She uses primarily a cognitive-behavioral approach (CBT), with an eclectic blend of other approaches, tailored to each individual.
More information about her practice can be found at: http://www.neuropacific.com
- Master’s in Psychology, Florida Institute of Technology
- Bachelor’s in Psychology, University of Maryland
- Doctor of Psychology, Florida Institute of Technology
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Fullerton Neuropsychological Services at St. Jude Medical Center
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, University of California- San Diego
- California Psychological Association
- San Diego Psychological Association
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- International Neuropsychological Society
- Co-Chair, Neuropsychology Committee of San Diego Psychological Association (present)
- Member-At-Large, Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (2014-present)
- Secretary, California Psychological Association, Division VIII: Neuropsychology (2014-2015)
- Qualified Medical Examiner, State of California
- Diplomate, Clinical Neuropsychology American Board of Professional Psychology
Verified Patient Feb 08, 2013
Dr. Silva got me in within a few weeks for an ADHD evaluation that I needed and had the report back to my doc in less than 2 weeks. She explained everything to me in a feedback session and pointed me in the right direction to get the help I needed.
* Reviews have been sourced and collected through a mix of verified Doctible patients and other publicly available directories.