As a certified bioenergetic therapist and IMAGO relationship therapist, I believe strongly in the connection between our mind, body, and emotions and that all three need attending to in order to facilitate healing and create lasting change. I believe growth and change occur best within the safety of an authentic relationship where there is mutual trust and respect. I am committed to providing high quality professional care in a safe, confidential and respectful environment where new ways of relating and being in the world can be explored and experienced leading to a person living a more authentic life. My goal is to help people feel more alive and experience more pleasure, joy and love in their lives.
- University of Nebraska
- Antioch University (Masters in Clinical Psychology)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- IMAGO Relationship Institute
- United States Association for Body Psychotherapy
- Southern California Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis
- International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis
- Certified Bioenergetic Therapist
- IMAGO Relationship Therapist
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Re-processing (EMDR) Levels I & II
- CAMFT Approved Supervisor
Awards & Publications
- Presidential Who's Who 2009/2010
- Princeton Global Network: Certificate of Achievement 2010-2011
- The Heritage Who's Who 2012-2013
- Parker J. & Guest D. (1999) The Clinician’s Guide to 12-Step Programs: how, when and why to refer a client, Westport, CT: Auburn House.
- Parker J. & Guest D. (2001) “Individualized Alcohol/Other Drug Use Treatment: A Developmental Perspective” Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly vol. 16, 2, 75-84.
- Guest, D. (2002) “Supervision: a developmental perspective” The California Therapist, vol. 14, 1, 54-6.
- Guest, D & Parker, J. (2002) chp. Integration of Psychotherapy and 12-Step Programs in Sexual Addiction. In K. Adams & P. Carnes (Eds.), The Clinical Management of Sexual Addiction, Brunner-Routledge.
- Guest, D. & Parker J. (2003) “Individual sexual addiction treatment: a developmental approach” Journal of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity. vol. 10, 1, 1-12.
- Guest, D. & Scheferman, H. (2004) Where’s my real life? I know I put it somewhere! (self published)
- Guest, D. (2006) “Bioenergetics and a Paradoxical View of Sexuality: How Characterological Development is Related to Current Erotic Life” International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis Journal(Ed.), vol. 16, 87-101.
- Parker J. & Guest, D. (2008) “A Bioenergetic Characterological Model of Addiction” The European Journal of Bioenergetic Analysis and Psychotherapy (Ed.), vol. 4, 1, 32-53.
- Guest, D. & Parker, J. (2011) “The Use of Touch in Psychotherapy” The California Therapist, vol. 23, 2, 58-60.
- Guest, D., (2011), chp in He Said/She Said Book on AccessRx.com"></a>., e-book