Having been born and raised in Southern California, Dr. Eric Thuen is a first-generation American of Norwegian ancestry. He attended the University of California at Irvine where he graduated as a double major with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology. He then attended the California College of Podiatric Medicine, including his senior year of training at the Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center, receiving his Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Thuen served his surgical residency at the Southern California Podiatric Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
For the past 30 years Dr. Thuen has been in private and group practice in the coastal North County of San Diego. Over the years Dr. Thuen has served in various professional positions including Chief of the Division of Podiatric Surgery at Tri-City Medical Center and active surgical staff of Tri-City Medical Center and North Coast Surgery Center in Oceanside. He is a member of the Orthopaedic and Spine Institute of Tri-City Medical Center, a team of surgeons regarded as leaders in their specialties.
Dr. Thuen resides in Vista with his wife and daughter. He enjoys hiking, photography and time with his family, which often involves attending his daughter's swim meets.
- University of California at Irvine
- California College of Podiatric Medicine, San Francisco
- Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center
- Southern California Podiatric Medical Center and Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- California Podiatric Medical Association
- San Diego County Podiatric Medical Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Awards & Publications
- A Retrospective Review of the Primus First MTP Joint Double – Stemmed Silicone Implant Foot & Ankle Specialist, April 2013 Bruce Lawrence, DPM and Eric Thuen, DPM