Dr. Jerry M. Fabrikant graduated from State University of New York at Stony Brook with a B.S. in Biology in 1975. He then attended California College of Podiatric Medicine where he graduated an accelerated program which compressed four years into three, leading to a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree in 1978.
After his graduation from Podiatry School, Dr. Fabrikant completed his surgical residency at College Park Hospital in San Diego finishing in 1979. He then went into private practice in north La Mesa, and moved to Grossmont Medical Center. He also has an office in Ramona and San Diego.
Dr. Fabrikant is board certified in Ankle & Foot Surgery in the State of California. He is also board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery; American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine and the American Academy of Wound Management. He is an Agreed Medical Examiner ( A.M.E.) and a Qualified Medical Examiner ( Q.M.E. ) in Podiatry for the State of California Workers Compensation Cases.
Dr. Fabrikant holds staff privileges at Grossmont Hospital, Alvarado Hospital, Scripps Chula Vista Hospital and Promise Hospital.
- California College of Podiatric Medicine
- State University of New York at Stony
- Podiatric Surgical Resident at College Park Hospital
- Staff Podiatrist, R.J. Donovan Correctional Facility, 2012-2013
- San Diego County Podiatric Medical Association 2007-2012
- President of San Diego County Podiatric Medical Association 2008-2010
- San Diego County Podiatric Association 2006-2008
- Sharp HealthCare’s 4th Annual Symposium on Wound Management (Faculty Speaker)
- Pacific Foundation For Medical Care 2005-2008 (Advisory Board)
- Fremont Insurance Company, 1992-1995 (Advisory Board)
- San Diego Podiatric Medical Association, 2007-2008
- San Diego Podiatry Society, 1992-1994 (Executive Board)
- American Academy of Pain Management, 1992 (Co-chair), 1990-1995 (Advisory Board)
- Qualified Medical Examiner, State of California, Podiatry
- Independent Medical Examiner-Podiatry
- American Professional Wound Care Association (Fellow)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine (Fellow)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (Fellow)
- Ankle & Foot Surgery in the State of California
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine
- American Academy of Wound Management
Awards & Publications
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Hlavac, Harry F., “Fracture of the Posterior Process of the Talus in Runners: A Case Study,” Journal of the American Podiatry Association, May 1979
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Califano, Paul, “Atypical neuroma of the Lateral Fifth Metatarsal Head.” The Journal of Foot Surgery, 1980
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Ly, Peter, “Heel pain and Outcome Study.” American Journal of Pain Management, July 1995
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Justin Colarco “Radiographic and Clinical Analysis of the Proximal Wedge Shelf Osteotomy for Correction of Large Intermetatarsal Angle Hallux Abducto Valgus Deformity” 2008
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Tae Soon Park “Plantar Fasciitis (Fasciosis) Treatment Outcome Study: Plantar Fascia Thickness Measured by Ultrasound and Correlated with Patient Self Reported Improvement”