Dr. Jerry M. Fabrikant graduated from State University of New York at Stony Brook with a B.S. in Biology in 1975. He then attended California College of Podiatric Medicine where he graduated an accelerated program which compressed four years into three, leading to a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree in 1978.
After his graduation from Podiatry School, Dr. Fabrikant completed his surgical residency at College Park Hospital in San Diego finishing in 1979. He then went into private practice in north La Mesa, and moved to Grossmont Medical Center. He also has an office in Ramona and San Diego.
Dr. Fabrikant is board certified in Ankle & Foot Surgery in the State of California. He is also board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery; American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine and the American Academy of Wound Management. He is an Agreed Medical Examiner ( A.M.E.) and a Qualified Medical Examiner ( Q.M.E. ) in Podiatry for the State of California Workers Compensation Cases.
Dr. Fabrikant holds staff privileges at Grossmont Hospital, Alvarado Hospital, Scripps Chula Vista Hospital and Promise Hospital.
- California College of Podiatric Medicine
- State University of New York at Stony
- Podiatric Surgical Resident at College Park Hospital
- Staff Podiatrist, R.J. Donovan Correctional Facility, 2012-2013
- San Diego County Podiatric Medical Association 2007-2012
- President of San Diego County Podiatric Medical Association 2008-2010
- San Diego County Podiatric Association 2006-2008
- Sharp HealthCare’s 4th Annual Symposium on Wound Management (Faculty Speaker)
- Pacific Foundation For Medical Care 2005-2008 (Advisory Board)
- Fremont Insurance Company, 1992-1995 (Advisory Board)
- San Diego Podiatric Medical Association, 2007-2008
- San Diego Podiatry Society, 1992-1994 (Executive Board)
- American Academy of Pain Management, 1992 (Co-chair), 1990-1995 (Advisory Board)
- Qualified Medical Examiner, State of California, Podiatry
- Independent Medical Examiner-Podiatry
- American Professional Wound Care Association (Fellow)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine (Fellow)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (Fellow)
- Ankle & Foot Surgery in the State of California
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine
- American Academy of Wound Management
Awards & Publications
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Hlavac, Harry F., “Fracture of the Posterior Process of the Talus in Runners: A Case Study,” Journal of the American Podiatry Association, May 1979
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Califano, Paul, “Atypical neuroma of the Lateral Fifth Metatarsal Head.” The Journal of Foot Surgery, 1980
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Ly, Peter, “Heel pain and Outcome Study.” American Journal of Pain Management, July 1995
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Justin Colarco “Radiographic and Clinical Analysis of the Proximal Wedge Shelf Osteotomy for Correction of Large Intermetatarsal Angle Hallux Abducto Valgus Deformity” 2008
- Fabrikant, Jerry M. and Tae Soon Park “Plantar Fasciitis (Fasciosis) Treatment Outcome Study: Plantar Fascia Thickness Measured by Ultrasound and Correlated with Patient Self Reported Improvement”
Sherry W Feb 22, 2015
The first time I saw Dr Fabrikant I had been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis by two Drs. I was in a lot of pain and I had done everything the Drs had advised me to do ( ice, stretching etc). I tried a third dr since I wasn't getting better. Dr Fab did an ultrasound on my heal and told me I had a bone spur in my heel. I had surgery and was pain free. I just had surgery for another bone spur on my other foot and am on my way to being pain free again. I highly recommend Dr Fabrikant!!
Peter D Oct 05, 2014
It was an in-grown toe-nail that caused me to seek out help from a doctor. Not life-threatening but it sure hurt and was traumatic to me. Dr. Fabrikant's office made an immediate appointment for me, which was a relief. Their website contained the "new patient" forms I would need and I was even able to fax these over before ever going to the office. On arrival I signed in and was greeted warmly by the staff. I was barely a few pages into a 'People' magazine when I was taken back by the medical assistant, who was kind and professional. I'd been in doctor's offices before so I knew to take my magazine with me for the waiting game but I didn't need it! Dr. Fabrikant came in immediately and performed his examination. I was going to need a minor surgical-like procedure, which was done in the office right then and there. The doctor explained exactly what he was going to do and what I should expect. There was very little pain and I felt immediate relief from the in-grown toenail symptoms. I was asked to return in a week for a follow-up, which I did, and I encountered all the same professionalism and quick treatment (without that feeling of being rushed in and rushed out). Thank you Dr. Fabrikant and staff.
Gary V Oct 02, 2014
I went to go see the the Dr Fabrikant a issue with my foot. I found Dr Fabrikant through a providers list. I an glad I made the appointment. Most doctor want to give you a lot of pills and just make a lot of appointment for you. Well not Dr Fabrikant. He heard what my problem was look at my foot and the x-rays and then talk to me about what the course of treatment is to help my foot out. Now I can walk again with out help. And the best then of all I ride also. I would send all of my friends to see him that would have any foot issue at all.
* Reviews have been sourced and collected through a mix of verified Doctible patients and other publicly available directories.