Dr. John A. Cicocne is a self-employed podiatrist and began his private practice in 1977 in his home town of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and relocated to San Diego in January of 1979. His first practice was in Pacific Beach. He also practiced in El Cajon ( March of 1991) and actively practices now in the Pacific Beach location. His practice is general with an emphasis on orthopedic, biomechanical and surgical problems. Dr. Ciccone also has an interest in diabetic wound care and sports medicine problems, especially bicyclists and triathletes. He attempts to provide a non-surgical solution if at all possible and welcome any general podiatric foot or ankle problem. He is trained in minimal incision surgery (less traumatic) and laser treament of fungal nail infections.
- Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa
- Ohio State University, Columbus
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
- Externship, Doctors' Hospital, Amarillo, Texas
- Resident, St. Luke's and Children's Hospital, Philadelphia
- Board Certified, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Podiatric Primary Medicine, December 1998 (tenured for life)
- National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners. Examination: May 1976.
- American College of Foot Orthopedics, Fellow. Examination: May 1976.
- Certified Patholase LASER for fungal nail treatment
Awards & Publications
- FIBROSARCOMA OF THE FOOT, Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Society. 10/94.