Julie Myers, PsyD, MSCP is a Licensed Psychologist in San Diego, who specializes in teaching self-regulatory strategies for coping with addictive behaviors and substance use, anxiety, trauma and traumatic grief, bipolar disorder, and relationship problems. As an experienced psychologist in San Diego, she is dedicated to empowering individuals and families to regain control over their lives. Dr. Myers uses a cognitive-behavioral and positive psychology approach, adding biofeedback, exposure therapy, and psychopharmacology consultation if indicated.
Dr. Myers serves clients in need of alcohol treatment in San Diego as well as other addictive behaviors and mental health issues. She uses a scientifically-based, non-confrontational and self-empowering approach to psychotherapy and addiction treatment. You can learn to accept yourself unconditionally, change harmful behaviors, and address underlying conditions that fuel your behaviors.
Dr. Myers holds a Psychology Doctorate and a Postdoctoral Masters Degree in Clinical Psychopharmacology. She is Board Certified in Biofeedback (BCIA), a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), Master Addiction Counselor (NAADAC), and Certified Addiction Treatment Counselor-V (CADEE).
- Adjunct Faculty in Clinical PhD Program, Alliant University
- California Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- CPA, Psychopharmacology Division Board Member
- Board Certified in Biofeedback
- Master Addiction Counselor
- Substance Abuse Professional
- MS in Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Psychology Doctorate
Awards & Publications
- Catherine Lodge Memorial Scholarship for Education
- CPA, Div 5 Distinguished Service Award
- National Sea Grant Scholar