Dr. Malinda Maynard Husson grew up in Kenova, WV and graduated her undergraduate studies from Marshall University (Huntington, WV) with a B.S. in Biology in 1998. She earned her dental degree from West Virginia University School of Dentistry (Morgantown, WV) and extended her study of dentistry by completing a General Practice Residency and the Verterans Affairs Medical Center and Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC, followed by a Residency and Certificate in Dental Anesthesiology from Mount Sinai Medical Center, NY, NY.
Dr. Husson worked 4 years in private practice prior to moving to Richmond, VA to contiue an advanced education in Pediatric Dentistry and completed a Master of Science in Dentistry degree at Virginia COmmonwealth University School of Dentistry. After completing her training she held a faculty position in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at VCU School of Dentistry and Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU.
Dr. Husson completed her graduate Masters thesis research with an emphasis on pediatric anethsia, with the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at VCU. SDhe was a recipient of the prestigious NuSmile Graduate Student Research award, and presented her research at the 2012 AAPD annuyal session in San Diego, CA entitled "Evaluating Postoperative Pain In Children Following Treatment Under General Anesthesia". Her research has led to a desire to help raise awareness for safety and demand sedation and anesthesia services for dental providers.
- Marshall University - BS 1998
- Department of Veterans Affairs (General Practice Residency) 2003
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York (dental anesthesiology residency) - 2006
- West Virginia University School of Dentistry - 2002
- Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia Campus (Master of Science in Dentistry) - 2011
- American Dental Association
- Richmond Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- Virginia Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- South eastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Board of Anesthesiology