Data Integration Engineer - Full-Stack (Ruby on Rails)
Doctible is an innovative healthcare technology company and our mission is to help healthcare providers be efficient and profitable using technology. In the last 24 months, we experienced rapid growth and received the following recognition:
- “Top Workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Union Tribune (2019, 2017)”
- “One of the best entrepreneurial companies in America” by Entrepreneur magazine.
- “Cool Company in San Diego” by San Diego Venture Group.
- Ranked 293th in 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
Our solutions automate key processes in a healthcare practice – from appointment reminders to payment solutions – empowering our customers by making their daily workflows more efficient. We pride ourselves by building these products internally by a brilliant team of Product members and engineers.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer to help us maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our data processing technology which is a critical underpinning of our entire suite of products.
Some of the technologies we work with: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, ReactJS, Golang, GitLab, AWS.
Our culture allows for regular sharing of innovative ideas and implementation of the best designs all within a causal work space environment. The team is small and nimble. We pride ourselves getting things done quickly and effectively while boasting quality.
Some of our commitments to be a great development team over the years:
- Customer first
- Code quality
- Open Discussion
- Always room for security
- Curiosity and passion for coding
- Efficient and effective execution
- Ownership and accountability
If your daily and career commitments share some of these traits with us, please read on.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Five-years’ experience working with Ruby on Rails and relational database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) with good understanding of Ruby best practices.
- Three-years’ experience working with 3rd party partners/vendors/software to understand specifications, develop data connections, and create documentations.
- Use TDD on the daily basis.
- Strong experience with ETL, SQL development and API based integrations.
- Experience developing RESTful Services.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins).
- Experience being an active contributor on an Agile Software development team to deliver custom solutions to the customer.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to develop solutions that are performant and scalable.
- A go-getter attitude and eager to learn the in-and-outs of business use cases.
- Based in US and have the right to work within US.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendor/partners/software to develop and maintain reliable data connections using 3rd party API and SQL engines to support Doctible’s core products.
- Participation and ownership in all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support.
- Assess new data sources to better understand availability and quality of data.
- Collaborate with development team to architect efficient and stable production integrations and feature enhancements.
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/applications.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical peers and business users.
- Participate in design and code reviews and dive deep into technical implementation discussions.
- Occasional calls with 3rd party development team across different time zones.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a small agile team
- Opportunity of building forefront software that has immediate impact to millions of users
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Yearly conference training
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully remote
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.