Discover tips to help dental office managers improve their online reputation management.
What is online reputation management?
Reputation management involves your efforts to establish a positive brand image for your dental practice.
Learn More (Reputation Mgmt. Guide)
- Generating a consistent flow of online patient reviews
- Monitoring reviews
- Addressing negative reviews to mitigate damage
- Promoting positive reviews
Why is online reputation management important for dental office managers?
Online reviews shape your reputation, and effective reputation management helps your practice reach its marketing and sales targets.
Around 70% of people use online reviews to find their next dental practice.
Patients trust reviews and technology is changing the way dental office managers have to market their practice.
Benefits of improving your online reputation management
- Improve online visibility and local search rankings
- Increase patient retention and satisfaction
- Attract new patients
- Create a positive brand image and improve credibility
- Minimize the impact of negative reviews
- Improve the practice's bottom line
What can dental office managers do to improve their online reputation management?
1. Ask patients for reviews
Don't ask, don't get. Research shows most customers will leave a review if they're asked.
- Be proactive in reaching out to your patients
- Ask your patients to leave an honest review after their appointment
2. Make it easy for patients to leave reviews
Keep it simple. Patients are more likely to leave a review if it requires little effort.
- Send patients a text or email with a link to review your practice
- Provide simple directions for leaving a review on your website, on Google, or on Facebook
3. Respond to both positive and negative reviews
Every review counts. Send a prompt and professional reply to all reviews, not just the negative ones.
- Acknowledge any complaints and offer a solution if possible
- Show your appreciation for praise and constructive feedback
4. Address patient complaints directly
In person is best. Managing complaints quickly and effectively could make patients reconsider leaving a negative review.
- Handle patient concerns directly before they leave your practice
- Show that you care about trying to avoid future problems
5. Engage with existing patients
Quality over quantity. Improve the way you communicate with patients to create more positive patient experiences.
- Share appointment reminders or relevant news via text or email
- Contact patients via their preferred digital platform to increase engagement
6. Send patient satisfaction surveys
The more you know, the better. Surveys can help you gain valuable insights into your practice's reputation.
- Use feedback to measure and track patient satisfaction
- Get more in-depth data by using advanced survey software
7. Build your online presence
Brand image matters. Create relevant digital content to establish your online presence.
- Publish regular blog posts with valuable and relevant content
- Establish a positive image for your practice and attract new patients
8. Get help with reputation management software
Embrace technology. Use reputation management tools from platforms like Doctible to maximize your resources and improve your online reputation.
- Generate a consistent flow of new reviews with little effort
- Save time and automate processes seamlessly
How can Doctible help dental office managers improve their online reputation management?
Patient satisfaction tracker
Monitor patient satisfaction metrics to help your practice take corrective action and resolve issues quickly.
Automated patient feedback collection
Streamline your workflow and generate more reviews by sending review requests automatically.
Auto-respond to reviews
Engage with reviewers by quickly responding to feedback with custom templates
Request a consultation with Doctible today to learn more about how dental office managers can improve their dental practice's online reputation management.